May 9, 2010

So It Snowed...Big Deal



It's May, and for all intents and purposes, we should be getting quiet Spring showers and maybe the odd storm.  But this weekend, we got snowed on like it was Christmas.  Tulips are blooming, birds are nesting, trees are flowering.  Now, some of our tree blooms and plants have frozen, and stems and branches have broken because of the weight of the wet snow.



There's not much that can be done when Nature decides to go in a direction like this.  Some people get really worked up about it, but I don't see what can be gained from that.  There will be damaged foliage and possibly plants that don't bloom, and there's nothing to reverse this.  In the midst of all that, nothing really changed, I mean really.  The snow will melt, as it has before, resilient plants will resume their purposeful lifecycle, and birds will lay their eggs and have chicks.



It's all how you look at it.  When I got up yesterday and looked out the window, I didn't see the blooms that AREN'T going to come this year, I saw snowcapped tulips, standing tall in spite of the heavy blanket of snow.  I saw birds flocking to the feeders, taking turns to snack.  I thought it was beautiful out there.

My garden might not look the way it would have if we hadn't had this snow storm, but it will be lovely all the same.  It already is...


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails